This year we shall be celebrating the 500th anniversary and an informal group, Muchty 500, has been formed to look at ways of celebrating.
It has been decided to celebrate the anniversary on Saturday 10th June with most events centering around the Cross and including the area around Bellevue and the gardens of Macduff House.
At present the suggestions include:
- A street market in the morning with a street party in the afternoon at the Cross.
- Craft demonstrations and medieval re-enactments around Bellevue
- Traditional garden games in Macdiff House garden
- A pageant or procession and a re-enactment of the delivering of the Royal Charter at some point in the afternoon.
- A celeidh in the evening.
- An historical display and timeline of Auchtermuchty in the Church.
The Church Hall has been booked in case of bad weather.